Thursday, July 21, 2011

Look What "MY" Made

In a few extra spare mintues yesterday we, Little helper and I, whipped up a few things.
IT WAS FUN....
There is something about sitting there with her completing crafts that

I.JUST.LOVE!!!


I feel like it is very very productive quality time. Of course, everyday I find ways to encourage her and praise her but I feel like our craft time gives her the real opportunity for me to sit there with 100% of  MY ATTENTION and adoration. I continously praise her and I am able to help her and guide her. Thus, her building confidence and trust. 


{I sometimes don't feel like there are enough quality opportunities in a faced paced life (2 working parents, school/daycare, church, extracurricular activities) for your children to have your undivided attention and recieve the necessary emotional nourishment to make them Independent little people.  That is what I see in my life...so I make it a point to find something very often to share with just her. }


Anywho back to OUR CRAFTS...

Shadow box doo-dad
 We used a .99 Texas Thrift Store find...


 I love that place, they have sooo many little knick knacks...and its HUGE!
   some left over flower petals and a key that had been roaming the house.


And I cut our initial out of cardboard that was used to ship posters at my work and a little hot glue.
(LITTLE HELPER PAINTED THE "M", she is very proud of it)
As far as i'm concerned a .99 cent piece of wall art.

Second:
FINALLY COMPLETED my Ballard knock off trash can....
This literally took 5 min. and it has been waiting to be done

FOR-EVAH!!!!

Ballard Desgin knock off waste basket. Mine with burlap instead of linen...
LOVE IT!! So glad it finally got done!
BD's Monogrammed linen waste basket with ribbon trim...
$79 big smaka-roo's!!!

WHAT-EVAH!! NO SIR THANK YOU Ma"AM!!
Yours truly version less than $1 because I had everything already. I love being A COPY CAT INSPIRED!

Oh....I love crafting...
I NEED MORE TIME IN THE DAY!

Happy DAPPY THURSDAY!!
DIY under $5

1 comment:

  1. Nice knock off. Seriously who pays that kind of money for a trash can?! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete