Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Full Circle

I love to write the way I talk (not speak, TOO PROPER)
I love to let my fingers type whatever I would say in the actual moment.

So, really when I post a song, or break off into quotes from a movie, that is REALLY how I think.
That is exactly what came to my mind that very second :)

But when it comes to writing something emotional or maybe even a story, I don't have the words. Some people can so elloquently tell a story or describe things as if you are there, without boring you with all the irrelevant details. I on the other hand don't have that ability.

But I wanted to share these details of my little helper because they truly have AMAZED, AND TOUCHED MY HEART, SOOO dearly.

Things that I have been teaching her since the day she was born have come back
FULL CIRCLE
(and when it does, my heart melts)

Scenario 1:
You fell asleep in our bed while watching your new favorite movie, DUMBO
[we let you stay, because we REALLY DO LOVE having you cuddle beside us...even though you are constantly kneading your feet in our back and trying to tuck them under us]
In the middle of the night you began coughing, like you had a tickle in your throat; I rolled over to check on you,
AND YOU WERE COVERING YOUR MOUTH WHILE YOU WERE COUGHING,
GOOD GIRL,"Cover your mouth when you cough"
 but really??
 I would spare you the lecture while your sleeping :)!

Scenario 2:
I was bathing you,
[YOU LOVE BA-TIME, you are Soo proud these days to lay down on your back in the water :)]
You were really excited and stood up abuptly hitting the faucet with your shoulder....{I KNOW IT HAD TO HURT}
INSTEAD OF BURSTING INTO TEARS, LIKE I THOUGHT YOU SURELY WOULD'VE
(I would've)  YOU TURNED TO ME AND SAID...

"Ooh {deep breath}, Ooh {deep breath},
TOUGH!"

I have been telling you that everytime you fall or bump something..."IT's ok baby, take a deep breath, YOU'RE TOUGH, TOUGH" while I hold and cuddle you.

Scenario 3:
Every night since you were born I have sang to you. When I started trying to get you to "go to sleep on your own" incorporating different methods, I decided to stick to 2 songs. I would sing one the whole way through and the other, a short lullaby, would repeat exaclty 3 times and then lay you down and leave the room. (IT WORKED :))
After you turned 2 we removed the rails of your crib and I would semi-lay next to you; I added a prayer "routine" to our song list, praying for EVERYONE we could think of :)
One night I dozed off and you turned to MOMMY, tapped me on the face,

AND BEGAN SINGING..."HOSANNA, HOSANNAAAAA, HOSANNA, HOSANNA"...
(the first song on the list)
My eyes filled with tears of joy..
YOU REMEMEBER!!
I sang you to sleep.

A few months later...
while laying down, about to fall asleep, (I cut the songs down to 1 cuz you PRAY FOR EVERYTHING)
you sang to me...

"WAYWA, WAYWA GO TO SLEEP, COZE YOUR EYES N DREAM OF ME...
I WANT DAT' ONE MOMMY"
OH, it makes me melt.. I always thought of the day that you would sing back to me..:)

Scenario 3.5:
You have the sweetest heart..
You pray for everyone...
You remember all of your friends at school, all your teachers, and the sisters' too.
You have a VERY special place in your heart for a little girl named Isabella who you always pray for but I didn't know. I asked your teacher who she was and she said that you ALWAYS protect her...(warmed my heart knowing you knew to pray especially for her too)
You will never leave someone out!
If we stop short, a few seconds will go by while you lay there quietly and then say, "Mrs. Heidi Mom" or "Uncle Bill!" (you are always SOO EXCITED to say his name when we pray)
And you ALWAYS make sure we say prayers for your cousins' MULTIPLE TIMES. WE DON'T LEAVE ANYONE OUT, not even the dogs, the pillows, your bed, your windows, your shoes, your toothbrush, the doors, daddy's car, or your fan.
"Tan' Too Jesus foooooorrr my?????"

You're Gigi says you're a SOULWINNER...I am excited to see your (God's) LOVE in FULL BLOOM!

Scenario 4:
Everytime time you have an "OWIE" we will put our hands over it and pray "Dear Jesus, please help the Owie get better" or "Dear Jesus, please help the owie not hurt anymore" and seal it with a kiss.

We have seen and heard you pray for your own owies recently while you are playing and not suspecting we are listening. (This let's us know you lean on Him and trust Him in helping you)
The other day we were driving and you were upset that we were leaving a place that you wanted to stay and play.
 Daddy told you, "My tummy hurts Waywa, I wanna go home" in a quiet moment after that we hear you in the back seat....
"Tan' too Jesus, for my daddy's tummy feel better"
His eyes filled with tears.

It is such an AMAZING BLESSING to have a child that exhibits God's love each and everyday. Most times we have to look for it or it takes an organization to show it on a public level. Children are so innocent and impressionable and I can only pray that each and every day we teach our daughter to continue to exhibit these qualities to make this world a better place. (especially covering her mouth when she coughs, LOL
{even though you should cough into your shoulder/bicep})
The things that have been coming "FULL CIRCLE" with her only make me want to try that much harder to give her all the necessary tools to be an AMAZING WOMAN..

LONGEST POST EVER!! BUT I AM GLAD I GOT TO OFFICIALLY DOCUMENT MY THOUGHTS ON THESE EVENTS :) 


2 comments:

  1. I love this. So, so much. I think that Layla has so much to teach about love and kindness. She has such a sweet spirit. I love her so much. proud to call her MY niece ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing little girl....a soulwinner for sure! I have always known God gave me the blessing of children so I could look at Him in an innocent,simple way again...just love Him and trust Him in the way only a child can. Reminds me of that Jars of Clay song, "Faith like a Child", I think it's called.
    I loved reading this, she is a blessed girl to have you for a momma too :) Just think of the kind of momma she will be one day (many, many years from now) beacause of the love you have taught and shown her! God is so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete