Friday, May 20, 2011

Essentials of a Mexican Cook

IT's FRIDAY....


oh, oh,oh.......(Breaking into song)


THIS IS HOW WE DO IT, IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT AND I FEEL ALRIGHT,
THE PAR-TAY HERE ON THIS WEBSITE....(SILLY)




Isn't that song so catchy?
I mean really...
EVERYONE KNOWS THAT SONG!!




Hope you're week was AMAZING :) Mine was awesome, FO-SHIZZLE!!
We have a wellness group at work and we practice everything from yoga, to P90x to insanity, to ZUMBA..I LOVE IT!! 

This week we started running every morning ( I ABSOLUTELY HATE RUNNING) and acutally found it to be very refreshing...
I work downtown and if you know anything about SAN ANTONIO...
We have THE RIVERWALK.
On most occasions I would claim it to be "TOURIST-Y", and wouldn't hang around it much;
but we have the privilige to use it as our running trail. :)

Yup, a Lucky Girl indeed!
YA', IT IS GORGEOUS.. and helps take away the atrocious amount of running that remains ahead of me...




On to the point of this post...
These are the items that I keep in my pantry {AT ALL TIMES} and I have an endless amount of meals that I can make with them ON THE DROP OF A DIME.

{Umm, I don't really get that saying....HMMM. But that is correct context to use it in right??? :) }


KNORR'S CALDO DE TOMATE
(bouillon with tomato)
This will add a "MEXICAN" kick of flavor to just about EVERYTHING
(about $2)

KNORR'S CILANTRO SEASONING
There is nothing like fresh herbs, but let's face it....
You're prolly' not gonna' use the whole bunch of fresh cilantro before it goes bad.
That's where this comes in.. PACKS HUGE FLAVOR IN A TEENY-WEENY LITTLE LIVING SPACE  CUBE!
(WINK,WINK THAT WAS AN ALADDIN REFERENCE, My FAVE movie when I was younger)
GROUND COMINO
This Puts "MEXICAN" in MEXICAN...
YOU NEED IT!!
SMOKEY EARTHY MEXICAN HEAVEN in a bottle.
Kinda sounds like the description for DOS EQUIS TOO :)

TOMATO SAUCE
Always keep these cans around! They're like 4 for a dollar!
REFRIED BLACK BEANS

I use Black Beans because they have less fat .. But you can use refried pinto beans which are more common..
If you have beans there are ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES! Generic Brand is like less than 70cents.

ROTEL(Green chiles and diced tomatoes) 

Add a LITTLE KICK without the chopping and dicing!
This can makes it's way into
E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!
UMM..If you have all these items you can make something "mexican"
Of course you need the other essentials like meat, rice, or tortillas..

This post is cut short due to a TINY TODDLER EXPRESSING HER READINESS
TO TAKE A BATH...

"COME ONNNNNNNNNNN MOMMY,HURRY" (with a sad little face cuddling her BANKY)

TOODLES!


1 comment:

  1. I was singing along, could ya hear me??? Great song, beautiful city that I must visit sometime, and I love all things Mexican food so I guess I better stock up! I have never seen or heard of the first three ingredients...I'll have to keep my eyes out for those. The cilantro cubes would be put to good use in my house for sure!

    ReplyDelete