Sunday, April 3, 2011

Simmering Sunday (Sweet Potato and Chik'n Entomatadas)


A lot of people are practicing Lent in our city and I joined in by giving up

MEAT.
Yes?!? MEAT. NO fish, NO chicken.
So, the next few sundays will be incoporating those recipes I used for these meals...
Being vegeterian is easy if you are CREATIVE and give yourself MANY OPTIONS
[I did not say VEGAN, they will just not contain any meat, but I still use dairy)]

I promise you, if you try these recipes you will LOVE them and NO ONE will miss the meat....
{I never compromise things tasting good, I LOVE FOOD WAY TOO MUCH}
Click READ MORE

So, don't be scared to try it! It is good for you.. :)
Any way here we go...BTW these were
ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' AMAZING!
I winged this recipe based on the the ingredients I know are in my favorite Entomatadas served at a local restaurant...This recipe was no where to be found on the net
SO if you happen to know the recipe let me know!@
But if not I just made one up and IT WAS GREAT!! :)

ONWARD!!!!!

YOU WILL NEED:
MorningStar Meal Starter "CHIK'N" (or real chicken breast if you want)
Sweet Potatos (1 per 8)
Corn Tortillas
1 bag of shredded Cheese (fiesta blend)
Red Enchilada Sauce (I like OLD EL PASO)
Vegetable oil
Cumin
Cinnamon
Salt and Pepper
This is the bag, it will be in the meat subsitutes area of the freezer section


Peel and cut sweet potato into fairly small chunks, this will help them boil faster.
Generously Salt Boiling water and boil till tender...

  • Mash up the Sweet potatos...not making them too smooth
  • After mashing, season  liberally (approx.  a teaspoon) with CUMIN and add a pinch of cinnamon.
  • Add salt and pepper...
  • Remember most of your flavor will come from this. so season it well that it has GOOD flavor 
While your potato's are boiling heat up some CHIK'N.
Follow the direction on the bag, but you just have to heat it through about 5 min.
(This was about half the bag..next time I think I will use a little more)


Chop up CHIK'N into small pieces

Add CHIK'N to your mashed sweet potato and mix well
Folding from the outside in works best :)
 Poor about 2 tablespoons of oil into a sauce pan and turn to MED HIGH heat...
Put corn tortillas in the oil for about 15 sec until a tiny bit fried (they should feel slightly stiff but still ROLL-ABLE, is that a word?? WHAT-EV :))


Spoon mixture into the middle of the totilla

top with cheese and roll up

Now for the YUMMY unhealthy part!!
Put your rolled up ENTOMATADA back in the oil seam side down until it gets stiff.
 Now that it is sealed, roll it around on all sides and make it all slightly stiff
Continue doing this to all of them and place them back in the casserole dish
Top all the ENTOMATADAS liberally with Cheese again and pour on your enchilada sauce
(I use the whole can)

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until all cheese is melted and bubbling

There you have it! Da BOMB!
DON'T BE AFRAID TO SEASON.... BE LIBERAL ON THE SEASONINGS, SINCE THERE IS LITTLE FAT YOU HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR IT IN THE SEASONINGS...
I HOPE YOU TRY THIS AND LOVE IT AS MUCH AS WE DID!
Served with Black beans and Mexican rice.
Garnished with Guacamole and Sour Cream.
Photobucket UndertheTableandDreaming
craft






2 comments:

  1. I love sweet potatoes. This sounds delicious.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge fan of sweet potatoes. I have to try this. I would love for you to come and join my blog party. The link opens tonight at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete