Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shabby Chic Earring Holder

I have a jewelry box, DO YOU?

I'm sure you do.....its prolly filled with JEWELS, diamonds, sapphires and emeralds...(where do you live and where is it) just kidding. :)

But if you are a collector of costume jewelry,

or just plain tacky, uh hum, talking about mine,

trendy fun jewelry it will take up all the space in your beautiul hand carved jewelry ARMOIRE, SO FANCY!!!


So I spotted this ultra shabby CHIC  earring holder, many different places on the net. These specifically from the Pottery Barn....




But I always look to my knock-offers and sure enough THEY ARE ON IT!
This tutorial helped me, but really it's a no brainer!! :)http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/our-home/tutorial-shabby-chic-dangly-earring-display.html

From Kevin and Amanda

 For a mere 99 cents, and leftover materials I came up with my very own!

I picked up a frame for .99 cents on a Goodwill whim....

I was so excited about getting it that I went straight to Spray Painting with
Rustoleum HEIRLOOM WHITE

and forgot to take a before picture. (Told ya, I get TOO, TOO, excited or maybe it was because I hadn't had my daily Sonic soda.)

I MUST HAVE A LARGE DIET COKE WITH LIME OR DIET DR. PEPPER WITH VANILLA...OH MUST..I want one right now as a matter of fact.


Either way I took a halfway picture and luckily, the back of the frame was still able to scream HIDEOUS at the camera...

H-I-D-E-O-U-S!!!

REALLY, DO YOU THINK SOMEONE ACTUALLY HUNG THIS ON THEIR WALL?

Some amazing family portrait once hung in its four corners. and now it will be repurposed! YAY for ME!

It kinda resembles the wood paneling that graced the walls of homes in the 70's....ICK!
Give her a couple of coats of spray paint....

Why do I always call my items HER...???? Maybe cuz I'm pretty-ing them up :)

N*E* Ways couple of coats....

Oh ya, "Pu-Prise," as my little helper says....

{a SNEAK PEEK on an upcoming tutorial, that candlestick holder will be repurposed into an A-HA idea. It will be a project I show you that really really could be a great addisingle tion to any mom/single gals kitchen... CANT WAIT!!}

I had left over JUTE twine from a previous project, I decided to use this instead of wire that had been shown in other pictures.

I used a borrowed staple gun..
I'm trying to get everything in that I think needs stapling before I have to gove it back :)

Staple the twine in a zig zag pattern from side to side until it reaches the bottom and WAH-LA! Your done! hang up your earrings.



I think that I am gonna hang it on my bathroom wall with a couple others like the PB one.
What do you think??

Can you believe they PB charges 49 smackaroo's for that thing....OH MY GOSH, ridiculous!
Even the one's on ETSY are like 30 to 40 bucks.

Also on today's list , little helper got a big girl bed, I ALMOST CRIED :( This is her posing for a picture in her bed for the last time. BOOOHOOHOOO

0 comments:

Post a Comment