Sunday, April 10, 2011

Simmering Sunday (Mexican SOYRIZO Bake)

So, remember last week I said NO MEAT!

We have fallen off the wagon :(
It lasted about a week and a half, and really I only stopped cuz' I felt bad for my poor husband
who IS.A.CARNIVORE!

Anyway this "BAKE" is different..
I thought MEXICAN and NOODLES,HMMMM?????WEIRD?
But It IS REALLY GOOD..
Like I said, I LOVE TO EAT,
and do not waste my time on UN-TASTY-NESS
(EW,just writing it feels like a BAD WORD).

So trust me this has lots of flavor and tastes YUMMO (RACHEL RAY SHOUT OUT)

You will NEED:
{i pretty much always have these things around,you should too! there are infinite MEXICAN possibilities}

1 package SOYRIZO (usually in the produce section, by tofu and smart hot dogs)
Noodles (rigatoni, penne)
Shredded cheese
"ROTEL" or diced tomato green chile can
1/4 of an onion
black beans(half drained)
corn
Cumin
cilantro or Knorr's cilantro cubes
salt and pepper
optional sour cream

PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350
Soyrizo, the meatless chorizo, is full of spices and adds a ton of flavor. The "OG" Chorizo of the sausage family carries a lot of fat. There is also a turkey chorizo if you are afraid of going TOTALLY MEATLESS. BAB-AY STEPS!
Click here to READ MORE!

I definitely go generic whenever possible :)
 PREPARE YOUR NOODLES AS DIRECTED
Don't forget to
GENEROUSLY SALT YOUR NOODLES..
While those are cooking follow these directions...
Saute your onions with a small amount of oil and then add in your "soyrizo". Cook according to the package, which is just brown on MED HIGH heat. (WE ONLY HAD 1 LINK CUZ  I MADE TACOS THAT WEEKEND. BUT YOU SHOULD USE BOTH LINKS FOR FULL FLAVOR.)

After that is ready turn heat down to MEDIUM and add corn, black beans, and Rotel (Medium is pretty spicy!)

SPICE IT UP! Add about a tablespoon of cumin (a conservative palm full) break up the cilantro cube over the cooking mixture, and salt and pepper to taste...Cook this for about 5 min. so that all the flavors mix and all ingrediens are heated through.

Begin to layer your bake. Half the noodles first then half the Soyrizo mixture, then the QUESO (CHEESE :))
Noodles again, mixture MORE QUESO!!! 

Bake at 350 for 15 min. until HOT AND BUBB-LY!

SOOOOOOOOOO  GOOD!!

Garnish with a DOLLOP of sour cream (light of course :)

There you have it!...I promise this recipe will be a HIT! If your family is TIRED of THE.SAME.OLD.THING!
P.S. I don't know if it is OBVIOUS but these recipes are meatless but not very HEALTHY :) I mean they have HEALTHIER choices but with all the additions it kinda goes out the window..
I just wanted to throw that in there because I didn't anyone to think I think I am eating really "HEALTHY" because I was not eating meat...I SAID I GAVE UP MEAT PEOPLE, NOT EATING HEALTHY!! :)

P.S.S. There have been no pounds lost or hurt in the making of this series :) :(
UndertheTableandDreaming

1 comment: