Monday, March 14, 2011

E.L.F. and NYX

Don't worry people, more tutorials coming soon!!

But I wanted to share a little something!! :)

I am fairly new to makeup....
Blush, mascara, and lipgloss were the furthest I went..

I just started doing my eyeshadow right after I had my daughter which was 2 years ago...
And I owe this to my sister-in-laws who always look amazing.. they inspired me to try :)


I never understood how you could put 4 colors on an eye lid!!!


How in the WORLD? :)


But after I started looking on youtube for tutorials on
bow making, 
A light bulb went off and I thought, HEY, I can type in  how to do eyeshadow...
WOAH, (remember Joey from Blossom? I LOVED THAT SHOW!)


There it was a WHOLE WORLD of HOW TO DO EYESHADOW!


Seriously, people... FREAKIN' AMAZING...
SO, I learned how to apply, YES, 3, even 4 colors... And now I love playing with it!

Ok, Tangent... the point of my post..


INEXPENSIVE VIBRANT EYESHADOW....
Everyone knows that MAC, the HOLY GRAIL, of makeup is GOOD and no one contests to this fact.


However, what if you can't afford $17 eyeshadow?




  

Yellow Funk
There ARE alternatives!
These are colors from NYX cosmetics! SO PRETTY (don't know where you could wear these colors, but they would be FUN!)
AFRICA

CHERRY

MATTE TURQUOISE

 

NYX COSMETICS, not to be mistaken with N.Y.C., are AWESOME!


The colors are true and are very vibrant.
It is a little hard to find here in S.A. but I know ULTA carries some of the line.
I haven't seen it at the drugstore, or at Walmart...
but I have seen the lipgloss line at the supermarket..
SO keep an eye out for it!
Or just visit online NYX. I promise you will not be let down.
Everything Ranges $3-$7.

The other brand is E.L.F, EYES LIPS FACE,
Most items are $1 and can be found at TARGET, and the supermarket...
they do have decent eyeshadows but the are very flaky leaving a lot of fall out...

but HEY for $1 a pop you can't beat it!


But what's great about E.L.F.  is their BRUSHES!


$1 a piece is UH-MAZE-ING!
and they are GREAT!

Check it out!
E.L.F.COSMETICS

Beats $30 brushes from MAC..And YOU NEED BRUSHES PEOPLE :)
Those little sponge applicator thing-y's NO BUENO! :)

I thought I would link a tutorial showing NYX makeup in action...This is MAKEUP GEEK
She is a MAKEUP GURU! :)


I hope I introduced something new to you :)

1 comment:

  1. I never would have thought you just started 2 years ago! I thought you were a professional! ;)Suriously though, your makeup always looks good!

    ReplyDelete