Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cork Board RE-DO

Love this song :)
Remember it??



The 80's were AWESOME!!
The 80's revival recently in clothes has not been my thing...I like some of it, but there's something about seeing 15 year old girls wearing the look and not knowing anything about it that DOESNT SIT RIGHT WITH ME...

THEY NEED TO KNOW THE MUSIC IN THE 80'S WAS AWESOME!
Right, to the point of the post a bulletin board Re-do...


I had been wanting to do this bulletin board forever and I see them at the Goodwill ALL the time!
$1-$1.99, perfect price a litle re-do..


My motivation is that the refrigetrator can only hold so much, plus I think it looks messy and cluttered with invitaions, mail, pictures and drawings. Need somewhere else to put stuff..!!
Pull up coupons!! HELP!


My original inspiration was this Ballard design Corkboard



I got half way through this project and gave up...Too much work... And moved on to another idea :)
I always have BURLAP around, DON'T YOU? :)
I saw this bulletin board on Etsy and thought it was cute....



Started with this baby...Anyone in their right mind woulda passed  'er up? She was UGLY! But .99cents is worth the try.

BEFORE:

AFTER:
 

I did this project a long time ago and didn't do a step by step tutorial with pictures..SORRY! :)
But I just....
  • painted frame black
  • cut burlap to size and stapled it down.[STAPLE GUN]
  • to create a "thicker" boarder I made an additional border with black ribbon
  • made bird stencil (googled bird silhoutte) and cut out with exacto knife
  • painted bird black and free handed some branches
  • Stenciled "MESSAGE" on the top (NOT IN LOVE WITH THESE LETTERS)
Here are some other re-creations of bulletin boards to inspire you :)


THERE ARE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES....

GO DO IT!!
And little helper wanted an impromptu photo shoot with daddy :)





3 comments:

  1. Great board. I love little birds and burlap so it's a winner to me. Visiting fr BNOTP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your board!! Even more impressive....you cut that bird out with an exacto knife! You go girl! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out really cute! Thanks for linking up to Flaunt it Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete