I HEART Pretty Wipe Cases!
|For my niece MIA GLORY :)|
(It had skulls and crossbones in black and pink, of course!)
But I adore all the "PRETTY" one's I see..
So recently, I have been given the opportunity to make a few because...
WELL, MORE PEOPLE ARE HAVING BABIES!!! HOORAY!
To make one you will need:
- one wipe dispenser
- some batting (or cotton balls)
- 1/8y fabric (I use fabric quater's from joann's)
- glue gun
- 2 1/2 yards of trim
- and hot glue
- Begin by tracing the top of the wipe case on the fabric. Trace each of the sides and cut out.(cut out a little bit bigger for error)
- (I started on the front of the box.)Place a line of hot glue along the top edge of the front and line up the top edge of the fabric, GLUE.
- Continue going around the box gluing the coordinating pieces, except the top.
- I alway have excess fabric on the bottom. Trim the excess fairly close to the bottom of the case.
- Hot glue down the remaining excess to the bottom of the case.
Now, for the top of the case.
6. Cut a piece of batting that is the same size as the top (you can pull the batting apart in half to make it thinner)
7.Put a dab of hot glue on each corner of the top and place the batting on.
8.Finally put the last piece of fabric on top. Start from the back by gluing the fabric down
9. pull the fabric from the back over the batting taught and glue down.
10.Proceed to the sides gluing (you can tuck the fabric under the top if you want)
REMEMBER, I AM THE THROWER-ER THOGETH-ER OF THINGS! :) It looks fine tho'
Remember, it doesnt have to be perfect...Because you are going to cover it with trim.!
11. Now for the trim start in the back and glue all the way around with one piece and then cut when you get back to where you started.
- around the top piece first
- around the top of the bottom part
- around the botton of the bottom
- OPTIONAL Top to bottom on all four corners
It Really is easy, takes about an hour..
These babies are like $20 online!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, M'am!
GREAT AS A GIFT!!! :) YOU'll BE LOOKING OooooH SO CRAFTY!!!!! ;)
GET TO GLUIN'! :)