Friday, May 6, 2011

80's Art Revamp




My husband was given these huge pieces of wall art. They are really great quality and sooo heavy. They are a great size for large walls...

And we have 2 of them. I had no idea what to do with them so I searched and searched...
I just love how you can type in,

old picture redo...
what to do with an old frame...

and VOILA, you are hit with 53,213 different ideas!
God Bless Googling!

I did this project AGES ago P.B. (Pre-Blog) and I can't find any specific ones that I remembered being inspired by, so I apologize for not paying credit where credit is due.
But I found this one today and it is cute!

Me and My Insanity!
She added the cute colored background..

I on the other hand am not sure what to do just yet....IDEAS???
BURLAP!! Um, Ya, that's what I was thinking :)
I have seen many of these and they are SOOO cute!! When I finally found decals that were larger enough to fill the space, IT WAS ON, LIKE DONKEY KONG! :)

 I am pleased with it!? I mean they were just sitting in the storage taking up space, now ONE has a new life!!

 I painted the frame black...

{Everyday is a gift from God decal on CLEARANCE at Marshall's for $2.00
Flowers and Birds at Target on clearance for $2.48}

Removed the glass and adhered the vinyl decals straight to the front of the glass.
I hot glued the glass back into the frame to keep it from falling out..
ES TODO!! (That IT/All!)
Not bad for $5... :)
I placed it on a wall in our office area..gonna be part of a "Gallery Wall", you know the ones that are all the rage right now, YUP COUNT ME IN!! :)

P.S. I have a fun recipe this Sunday stay tuned....It might be a new FAVE around su CASA. :)
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating




3 comments:

  1. I love using what I have at home and creating cheap/free projects! I found you through Creative Carmella and I'm your newest follower! I would love for you to visit my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way to go! It looks like something right out of the store. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...and $5!?! an art piece that big would have cost any one else big bucks, but not you! I wish I had it in mi casa :)

    ReplyDelete